WHAT IS A MASTER GARDENER?
A Master Gardener:
* Has an interest in all types of gardening
* Wants to teach others to garden
* Is trained by the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
What does a Master Gardener do?
Master Gardeners help the County Extension Agent reach more residents who have gardening problems by:
* Organizing a Master Gardener Association
* Working in informational booths at community events
* Teaching horticulture beginning gardeners
* Using special talents
* Exploring environmental options
How do I become a Master Gardener?
Through successful completion of a training program and volunteering your time. Master Gardeners are required to donate 30 hours of volunteer time back to the Lawrence County Extension Service.
Ways Master Gardeners Donate Volunteer Service Back:
* Teach Master Gardener Classes
* Speak to civic organizations
* Preform beautification projects throughout the county
* Information booths at various events
* Teach or help with educational programs